Saturday, September 25, 2010

Great Dolphin Fishing



We had a Make-up charter today and had a nice day on the water. There was a little rain around in squalls earlier but they didn't last long and nobody melted so that was a good sign. We found a few small schools of fish and would catch 4 or 5 here and there. Finally after a little while we found the mega school of hungry nice fish and finished up on our limit. From there we went and tried to catch a wahoo but only had one bite which came off. Trolling up inshore late in the day we had a sailfish come in and follow a short rigger and I switched him off to a naked ballyhoo I had on my shotgun and luckily hooked him. After a struggle we finally caught him, he had got tail wrapped during the fight somehow. Left my camera home today so no picture of him. My wife bought it to me when I got in so I could get the picture for the site. I had to take a picture of the Halloween car that was at the marina today. This guy from New York comes here every year and has his car all done up like this. Every body stops and checks it out. Fishing in the morning then it looks like a couple of days of weather. Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment